(HealthDay News) -- Pets may feel like part of the family. But when you're pregnant, you need to be careful and care for your pets in a way that is safe, says the March of Dimes.
For pregnant women who own pets, the March of Dimes suggests:
- Do not let your pet jump up on your belly.
- If your dog bites or jumps, train the dog to stop before you have your baby.
- Make sure your pets are up-to-date with vaccinations.
- Stay away from stray animals.
- Ask a family member who isn't pregnant to clean litter boxes.
- Ask your partner or another family member to spend more time with your pets.
This article: Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.