(HealthDay News) -- Flu season is in full swing. Thousands of children under the age of 5 have been hospitalized for the flu in the last decade, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.
The CDC suggests following these precautions to protect younger children:
- Keep yourself and the child away from people who are sick.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, avoid contact with the child.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces in the home.
This article: Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.