Hello Anne my problem is when it comes to my mother. I love her but I don't like her. Over the years my mother has been physical and verbal abusive towards me. I am now an adult and for some reason I thought I was over this so I bought a house with her to have her near. All was fine for a good year then the abuse started again. She likes to put me down she cant beat me anymore so she uses words. And I never fight back I just take it and walk away. Now she has cancer and I am practically taking care of everything all the repairs for the house,what ever she wants. I don't mind helping my mom when ever I am able but its not enough for her. If I go away with the kids she argues,if I spend my money on something I like she argues. I also have a cripple sister that she tends to and I help when ever I can sometimes it gets so bad for me that I want to runaway but I wont because I can not leave them. My husband walked out on me when I found out about my mother illness he told me good luck with all the bills thats another story. I just feel I cant take it anymore if at least she liked me and didn't call me names would help a little. But I cant even tell here how i feel because she gets upset. I know I'm a total mess. HELP ME
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- 'Anne' is the pseudonym for the individual who writes this relationship advice column.
- 'Anne' bases her responses on her personal experiences and not on professional training or study. She does not represent herself to be a psychologist, therapist, counselor or professional helper of any sort. Her responses are offered from the perspective of a friend or mentor only.
- Anne intends her responses to provide general information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by 'Anne' to people submitting questions.
- 'Anne', Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. 'Anne' and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.