Ask Dr. Schwartz
Psychotherapy and Mental Health questions
Am I Wallowing in Depression?
My Therapist has suggested, after seeing him for 4 months that maybe I am wallowing in my depression. I have progressed in some ways but have a tendency to relapse into depression when I experience a stressful event in my personal life. These relapses tend to last approx 2 weeks and then my mood comes up again. The stressful events are in relation to a sick member of the family, who needs a lot of care and support. I have made an effort to make a seperate life for myself away from the stress. I really would like to get my depression under control. I am at a loss how I can progress further. The type of therapy I am having is CBT. Thank you for your time.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.
child development in all stages - mondo - Oct 1st 2014
Thank you to freud to teach me how children learn for there childhood to adulthood
child development - - Jan 19th 2012
I didnt think that people saw children that way but it accually understandable now.
undermined - lil one - Jan 13th 2011
Freud was brilliant, he wasn't a freak, he was too in-depth for most people to understand. Your not sup to read into his thoughts and pull out perversion, your sup to understand what he symbolizes through his thought patterns, just like Revelations in the bible. Get used to it, he thought differently than you. That did not make him a freak. Theory of a dead man.
if you have anything to do with childcare ... - - Sep 29th 2010
Some people might thing he is a freak or weird but if you have anything to do with childcare it is very usful
este pagiina - - Sep 29th 2010
este pagiina no m ayudo en nada pero ps nimodo ay pa la otra...
FREAK - - Sep 1st 2010
Sigmund Freud is a FREAK!!!!!
thank you very much - sujani shanika - Feb 2nd 2010
this web page helped me to improve my studies.thank you very much.