Dr. Dombeck , I have been complaining of a cyclical depressed mode since childhood , (i am 25 years old now married male), every 2 or 3 years I have a an attack of depressed mode for about a year duration. I am a GP , my symptoms start insidiously and become stationary for a hole year with intolerable depressive thoughts , sometimes suicidal thoughts, and in many events i experienced hearing incomprehensible sounds buzzing in my ears (experienced more during stress). until now I do not know any aggravating or relifing factors. I am not on any medications,have no allergies, and have never smoked drinked or used drugs. I was an abused child during the period from 6 to 12 years of age. i have no surgical or medical history. i have a family history of 4 similar conditions. (my older brother and sister and 2 of my uncles). no one seeked medical advice but me -through this message- one symptom which I doubt it is relevant is having a notable difficulty in making decisions,another is having anxiety provoked diarrhea. would you guide me out this darkness ?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.