Dr Schwartz. Me andmy ex husband have just recently went back to court due to his mental status. I think he has been sick for a long time. Recently he has had no contact with the children for 2 months it\'s one excuse after another. He contantly makes decisions and then changes his mind. He has threatened suicide also.His mother called me yesterday to tell me he wad dxd with bipolar, and any papers he signed for custody would be thrown out of court. Apparently bipolar runs in his whole family on his mothers side, as she has it to. Im scared for my children to be wit him even though I have been trying to get him to see the kids, but my children who are 4 and 2 cry to come home because daddy just sits there all day and wants quiet.Im at a loss I dont know what I need to do next.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.