My son was in an accident 11/28, he was critically injured, The driver was not hur at all. HE was in ICU for almost 2 weeks where he had feeding tubes, surguries, he fought for his life.. My husband and I where there day in and day out praying for his recovery. As well as numerous others. Thank God He Survived.... He was released from the hopital the other day, I am caring for him until he gets well. HE is on a special diet, meds. Day by day he is getting stronger...He is recovering from his injuries, and his home for the holidays. Thank God... I am angry, because I was at work at the time of the accident, he was in a go cart, where apparently the steering failed.. There were two families available at the time. One parent saw the go cart go by, her son was not injured. They did not supervise, did not intervene for safety reasons. Example: Helmet, Seatbelt, safety. They other kid was not hurt. My son is recovering, we are recovering, Financially speaking we may never recover....The other parents involved are sympathetic, but sympothy will not help us now... I feel guilty for worrying about the finance portion of this nightmare, as we were uninsured.. We have gone through every avenue to get assistance.
Right now, I am angry at the parents, that they did not prevent this, and that my son was injured. I am frustrated that my son has stay in bed and recover, while the other families are not affected at all. We are stuck with thier stupidity...
Thank you for listening..
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.