In January I up and moved on a whim. I moved with one of my best friends. We currently live together. It took a lot for me to get used to my new state as it is much different than where I'm from. I got a job pretty quick and have met a lot of great people.
Lately I have lost all desire to do anything. I've been feeling weird and uncomfortable for a few months but the last few weeks I have been absolutely miserable. I have no desire to see or talk to my friends. Everyone and everything gets on my nerves, and I constantly just want to be left alone. I often go out on drives for no reason for hours on end just to be alone. It's gotten to the point where I'm contemplating packing up all of my stuff, quitting my job, changing my number, and just leaving. I don't want to see or talk to anyone. I don't know where I would go or what I would do. I just want to disappear.
What causes someone to feel like this? I absolutely hate it but I feel like if I had nobody around me it would all be better. I'm a 24 year old male. I'm healthy. I've never been diagnosed with any mental or learning disorders. I'm just over everyone and everything around me.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.